[T3] Fi

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Fri Dec 9 08:04:18 PST 2016

On 7 Dec 2016 at 17:49, Micah Medway wrote:

> I still have a 68, completely stock FI Type three. I got it in 2000 for $100
> in NorCal, brought it down to L.A. - then I moved to New Orleans again and
> left her with my friend, who promised to take care of her. He had her engine
> rebuilt and not much else, I finally, 13 years later talked him into giving
> her back to me, which he did this summer, and after a couple months of
> tinkering I've got her running, and almost street legal. (13 years and only
> 3000 miles on her and she needed a lot of TLC.) I plan to clean her up,
> scrounge up some front left fender love for her, and get her straightened up
> and painted next year. She's snug under an all-weather cover, under an
> overhang next to my garage in South Suburban Denver now.

Glad to hear from a still FI '68 owner. It's good that she's run a
bit in the past years, since non-running can bring so many problems.
I discovered exactly how many problems when I got my '69 out of 14
years of storage last spring. I thought I had a week or 2 of work
ahead of me, but it turned into 6 weeks instead.

I have a few items specially for '68-9 FI owners, so keep us posted
on your progress.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org