[T3] Alignment

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Wed Dec 14 13:00:39 PST 2016

How long did it take to wear the tire out on the inner edge?

I would still say that there is a fair amount of toe out on that side assuming its only one side.

Toe out causes a tire to scuff as it roles on the inner side of a tire and toe in is the opposite.

All our AC VW have a some amount of negative camber but if lowered, which I assume not in your case, increases the amount of negative camber.

The more toe in combined with negative camber would cause that sort of wear in your picture.

Far as the bushings assuming they are the OEM rubber ones Jim's right in that its more than likely not the cause.

The Red urethane ones would state some one has replaced them and doubtful that they have worn enough to cause this also.

The red ones should be visible without any disassembly but maybe a bit of cleaning.

Here is a link that show both types:

http://www.mamotorworks.com/VW/subcategory/rear-suspension-bushings

Air Cooled Volkswagen Rear Spring Plate Bushings From Mid ...<http://www.mamotorworks.com/VW/subcategory/rear-suspension-bushings>
www.mamotorworks.com
This Air Cooled VW Rubber Rear Spring Plate Bushing set is made of a soft rubber like the OEM bushings used originally. 4 piece car set