[T3] 73 T3 IRS rear bearings?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Feb 4 10:53:10 PST 2016

HI all :

 I noticed the other day when I had the right rear jacked up that I could grab the tire front and rear and rock it about 1/8" at the tires edge and if I grabbed the tire top and bottom it moved the same amount. There is no in/ out movement . The play feels much like a loose front wheel bearing . Driving it I never hear any noise like a rough bearing . The outer is a roller and inner is a ball bearing.

 I did notice the right side has a new cotter pin so at some point before I got this car someone was in there for reason unknown.

 Can anyone tell me if this play is normal and if not what do I need to do hear > I looked in the Haynes manual and it shows this work done with the rear control arm on the car and no special tools other than a pipe to drive the roller bearing on the shaft.

 Has anyone done this that could help with what I might need?

William

 I assume there should be no play is this correct? I could not find any info as to play in the Bentley just repacking the bearings .

---