[T3] 73 T3 IRS rear bearings?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat Feb 6 15:41:58 PST 2016

 I checked both sides today. They were both the same thing. What I was wrong
about was the right side with the new cotter pin does not have play 3
O'clock to 9 , it only has play up and down and is the same even if I rotate
the wheel 90 degrees or 180 . Both sides are the same thing. If I pull /push
on the tire I feel a tiny bit of in/our guessing .010" to max .015".

 If I spin either wheel I don't hear or feel anything like a rough bearing
same when driving I hear nothing.

 If I had a cracked race I would feel the play both up/ down and front to
rear in different positions, at least I think so.

 I have no idea why it's just up/down play , had the hub cap off and see no
evidence the nut has turned because the cotter pin is still movable in the
shaft hole.  . I have nothing to measure how much the up/down play is.

 If these are as I suspect the stock bearings then are the outer roller
bearing races are slight press fit and the inner race is removable and must
be a tight fit on the shaft?

William