[T3] 73 T3 IRS rear bearings?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 8 14:22:27 PST 2016

Thank you Bob And Jim :

 I understand what you are saying. Roller bearings and ball bearings by
nature have to be made with some play or there would be no room for grease
and if they had no play they would expand from heat and self destruct . The
front wheel tapered bearings have lot's of play when out yet because of
their design when adjusted even with grease that play is taken up and if you
bring them to tight they burn up.

 I would take them out yet I don't have the 36 mm socket required or the HD
C clip pliers. The tire with the wheel is quite heavy and the hub is out
pretty far from the roller bearing creating leverage. I imagine the ball may
not take most of the weight it is mainly side or in. out play yet it does
take some of the weight since it's on the same shaft . Add both and I
imagine there would be some play even with new bearings.

 I keep reading most say this nut requires a 3/4" drive no pivot breaker
bar. I only have a 1/2" drive pivot type.

William