[T3] 73 T3 IRS rear bearings?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 04:45:57 PST 2016

I bought the 3/4" with the slider for ease of mind. I think you would be
taking a chance with a 1/2" pivot type.
I used to use a 4foot tube and tighten the nut until my weight on the
bathroom scales read about 50 lbs or so less. Trouble is my new scale is
digital and turns off after a few seconds! I'll have to search the charity
shops and get an old-fashioned one.   In practice, it was always obvious
which hole to use for the split pin, but that might not be the same for
every situation, I guess.

Dave
UK VW Type 384 Club