[T3] 73 T3 IRS rear bearings?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 10 18:00:24 PST 2016

On 10 Feb 2016 at 16:46, William J wrote:

>  I read some old post on Samba from you that mentioned the governer O'ring
> can leak trans fluid . I haven't checked that area very well .

The governor cover O-ring is probably the most common place for ATF
leaks.  That O-ring gets old and hard and stops sealing. That O-ring
should be replaced on each of our ATs. It's rather easy to replace,
but you want to be careful to avoid letting dirt fall in when you
pull off the cover.

I have replacement O-rings for $1 plus shipping.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org