[T3] I have an older auto trans filter screen .

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat Feb 13 18:01:29 PST 2016

 My main concern is the staining which is either just tarnish on both the
steel and brass or very fine rust stains . So far that seems to be coming
off sitting in vinegar.

 I thought after that I would place it in some trans fluid to see if that
does more.

 The difficult part is the outer edge where the brass screen fits over the
steel about 1/4" then into the crimped steel lip and the area that has the
spokes where the screen fits against.

 What I want to avoid is any sort of rust stain from getting into the pump .
The brass screen doesn't need to shine like new just be clean. I don't see
what would be called surface rust or flakes.

William