[T3] Question on case nuts.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 15 15:05:55 PST 2016

I was reading through my Bentley and on page 40 engine section it states from 71 and later they used sealing nuts on the 6 case half studs.

 The 72 case I used is a U 5  71 -73 and it didn't have them and the 73 case X didn't have them . This is from the info on the Samba forum . It doesn't list X for 73 .The engine in the 73 when I got it is an X0010758 the 72 is a U50331105.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/engine_letters.php

 Is this just the Bentley providing the wrong info ? Not that it matters now , I was just curious.

William

---