[T3] Question on case nuts.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 15 21:56:48 PST 2016

Since the 72 case didin't have sealing nuts then it must have been apart at
one point. I need to check the 73 case just to make sure . I had a difficult
time removing the cylinders from the heads on the 73 maybe it's never been
apart. The 72 case and heads came apart easy and I used the standard
bearings and the original cam , no wear . . I really have no idea what was
done to these two engines. Never knew the owners or talked to them. The
valve guides were shot in the 72 heads and the plug holes were stripped on
one so I had time sets installed on both heads.

 The 73 ran fine the heads are not cracked it jsut developed a loud internal
rattle noise but I never opend the case to find out what it was. Still had
good oil pressure . I did notice on the 73 heads the fins on the bottom of
both have a  flat instead of a some what sharp edge , not all the way across
and it's the same exact way on both heads and they are both like this where
the rear of the engine is . The ends and top /spark plug side are not like
this.

 Nothing really touches the heads at that point to wear them . I have no
idea why they are like this.

William