[T3] Factory Steering Wheel?

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Mon Feb 29 10:00:22 PST 2016

On 29 Feb 2016 at 15:15, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> I know this is probably an odd question because who would want to keep the factory steering wheel of a 27 Squareback.

'27 Squarebacks are extremely rare, and I wouldn't want you to change
a thing on one of those.  ;-)  OTOH, there was a mid-year change in
'72, so I have to ask whether you're looking for a 2-spoke or 4-spoke
steering wheel.

I believe there are people who will restore steering wheels. You
might find them thru Hemmings Motor News. (Do they still have a print
version? If so, check your library.) I have no experience with any of
them.

As an alternative, consider getting yours leather covered.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org