[T3] Factory Steering Wheel?

Cybernotchback cybernotchback at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 29 11:51:52 PST 2016

On 29 Feb 2016 at 15:15, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> I know this is probably an odd question because who would want to keep the factory steering wheel of a 27 Squareback.

Jim Adney Wrote:
I believe there are people who will restore steering wheels. You
might find them thru Hemmings Motor News. (Do they still have a print
version? If so, check your library.) I have no experience with any of
them.

As an alternative, consider getting yours leather covered.

Some more thoughts:
There are at home restoration kits available, (I have no experience with these).

ISTR Chris Valone from www.ClassicVWbugs.com doing a how to on the restoration of an early Beetle wheel some time ago.  You should be able to search his site to find the video. You might also try Bob Koch to have it restored, (the Samba should have information for him).

In addition to the leather wraps, or being covered in leather, you can try wrapping it yourself using bicycle handle bar tape. The tape comes in lots of colors and styles, (vinyl, foam, cloth).  Check your local bike shop to see what they have or can get.
Hope this helps,
John