[T3] 70 Fastback update

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Feb 29 12:31:10 PST 2016

On 2016-02-29 14:12, Jim Adney wrote:
> Welcome back, Dennis.
>
> Hmmm, the horn circuit changed completely between '70 and '72, so you
> have your work cut out for you to make that swap work. I suspect your
> '70 TS switch could have been fixed, and it had nothing to do with
> the horn. I've got nothing against either early or late parts, but
> swapping means that someone coming along later will have a much worse
> job trying to figure out what's going on.

I didn't like doing it but I didn't modified the wire harness on the
car. All I did was make a pig tail or adapter harness that goes between
where the 70 switch use to hooked up and where the current 72 switch
hooks up now. There was more wrong with the switch other than the horn
circuit. Where the turn signal switch hooks up is different between a 70
and a 72. Like I said if someone wanted to put the original column back
in and had the right switch they could easily do it and just unplug that
pig tail I installed and toss it.
Dennis