[T3] Factory Steering Wheel?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Feb 29 20:53:34 PST 2016

On 29 Feb 2016 at 21:20, Keith Park wrote:

> I know the late seats were introduced between april and may of 72, and the
> FI diagnostics were in a 7/71 T3 Ive seen but Ive never seen a 72 with the
> early wheel and gauges.

My very early '72 had the '72 engine and FI, but it had the 2-spoke
steering wheel, early style seat rails, and silver wiper arms. Yes, I
was surprised, too. I don't remember the gauges, but  I think they
were grey faced. It's odd, but I don't think any of those things
changed at exactly the same time.

Yes, the VW diagnostic socket and the late style brake calipers were
introduced in late '71. I had one of those, too.

I'll check the parts listings for the exact timing, but we've been
down this road before.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org