[T3] Horn Beeps on its own

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 15:08:40 PST 2016

It's a 71 Sqbk.   I haven't yet pulled out all the stuff in the trunk to follow the horn wire but it's obviously grounding itself somewhere (and then beeping) when I hit little bumps on left hand turns. The question is... where?   Maybe in steering wheel?  NB:   When I intentionally use the horn, for now, I just touch the steering wheel wire to the metal.

> Another thing: horn beeps when hitting little bumps while turning
> left. Ground wire in steering wheel is disconnected pending
> replacement of? plastic cover (which won't stay attached to the
> wheel).

What year? The circuits changed in '71.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org