[T3] Horn Beeps on its own

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Fri Jan 29 20:11:15 PST 2016

On 29 Jan 2016 at 19:53, Robert Klein wrote:

> That's funny mine does that too. I have a 69. People look at me all crazy :)

On the cars '70 and before, the problem is often where the wire that
runs down the inside of the steering shaft ends at the flex coupling
at the steering gearbox. Either the insulation wears thru and touches
a part of the grounded shaft, or the wire breaks and shorts to
ground. Either way, it's often sensitive to turning the steering
wheel.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org