[T3] Do you have a '68 or '70 Type 3?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat Jul 9 16:52:11 PDT 2016

I'm a bit lost on the fuel pump prime. This is only on the stock pumps
right?

 Isn't the check valve in the pump that holds the prime? Or does the
pressure regulator also affect this?

 My pump is still the one it had when it got it in 85 . Maybe it's because I
drove it everyday yet it always started just turning the key on didn't
matter hot or cold .

 I can't recall when I had to cycle the key 4 to 5 times before it would
start seems like maybe 2007 or 09 . Now suddenly after I was replacing the
tie rod ends I checked the lines then pushed on the pumps plug and it went
on maybe 1/8" further and this began . Once it starts I can shut it down for
well over an hour and it fires back up.

 I suppose it's possible that pushing the plug further on could have put
tarnished terminals on tarnished pump spades yet I do hear it run the few
seconds and it starts after the 1st time . Most of the time it sits for 5
days .

 I suppose it would not hurt to clean the pumps terminals .  What works best
for cleaning the MAP and dist trigger and TVS terminals can't get in there
with a wire brush . they seem to have some sort of silver color coating on
them meaning the male ends.