[T3] New Fasty

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 17:58:45 PDT 2016

Mainly it's the pan, a-pillars and front fenders that are roached on the 68. Plus ... I wanted a fastback. ;-)

The plan has always been to combine the best from each car and come out with one great driver. Luckily the problem areas in the fasty are in areas that the square can contribute clean sections. It will just be more work than anticipated.

Remember that this squareback is a car I saved from the Salvation Army lot in 2007 where it had been left for dead. Someone had slammed it, run it into something and left the engine in the rear cargo area partially disassembled. Six weeks later my wife and I drove it to the VW Classic using my 1776 Berg Cruise engine under 32pdsit carbs ... and no reverse.

I got a lot of extra service out of this car and also used it as a mule while I've developed the megasquirt system for the 1776. It runs great now and I could drive it to either ocean with no prep.

Max Welton http://www.maxwelton2k.net/