[T3] 1967 turn signal switch

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Thu Jul 14 10:53:44 PDT 2016

> On Jul 10, 2016, at 7:42 PM, Max Welton <max_welton_2k at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> My switch ... works. But it isn't great.
>
> Is this switch a 67-only thing?

No, it's used from 1962-1967.  Be careful, though.  There are two manufacturers, and they won't interchange.  You've got SWF and circle K.  I guess I should clarify that by "they" won't interchange I mean the contact plate and the actual turn signal arm.  These were separate parts, and you'll almost never find someone selling both together, so it's important to know what you've got.  There are also differences between switches/contact plates for side markers or not.

The nice thing about these early switches is that they're simple and really easy to take apart.  It's tough to know what "isn't great" means, but the main thing that can go wrong is the little metal arms (and the steps on the contact plate that they interact with) wearing down over the years, making it so that the switch won't stay in an engaged position.  Beyond that, it's just a matter of polishing contacts.

Just be thankful you're not worried about your ignition switch yet ;)

Soren