[T3] Ball Joint Boots

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Fri Jul 15 13:05:05 PDT 2016

On 15 Jul 2016 at 17:02, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> They are out here here is one source:
>
> http://www.socalautoparts.com/index.php/ball-joints-amp-king-link-pins-c-1313_1320
>
> Volkswagen Ball Joints & King/Link Pins for Volkswagen Bug, Super Beetle, Type 3, Bus & Karmann Ghia • VW Parts from So Cal Imports<http://www.socalautoparts.com/index.php/ball-joints-amp-king-link-pins-c-1313_1320>
> www.socalautoparts.com
> Ball Joints & King/Link Pins for Volkswagen Bug, Super Beetle, Type 3, Bus & Karmann Ghia

What I find there are lots of good things, including ball joint boots
for Types 1 & 2,  and Type 3 Meyle ball joints, but no Type 3 ball
joint boots. The boots they show, however, look more like tie rod end
boots, and they're cheap enough that I should buy some just to see if
they might be useful.

There is someone in Europe who sells a large range of boots. I keep
meaning to try some of theirs, because I agree that it's a shame to
throw out a ball joint just because of a bad boot.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org