[T3] 71 Square ignition switch

Ralph Tree treedog12001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 20:06:53 PDT 2016

Hi All,
The original ignition switch on my 71 took a crap today. I had to look up my old post to get the part number that I used for a replacement last time. I happened to be at work which is only a couple of blocks from the local vw parts house. Bought the part number below, and again it was an easy fix. I thought I'd share it with you guys. Hope it helps someone.
Ralph
Copied from the Samba post:

Okay I bought part # 111905865F, hooked up the hot and check which wires were hot when, knowing the brown was grd. Cut the wires to length, crimped on new ends, put it all together and it works like brand new. RED to Hot, black to coil, red/white to starter, black yellow accessory power. There was a gray wire that was hot when the key was off. I was told this was for European only. Hope this helps someone.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android