[T3] 71 Square ignition switch

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 16:50:11 PDT 2016

Hi Ralph,
I fitted a relay as I've had trouble in several Type 3s occasionally with
the starter motor not turning after long runs. It does take the load off the
starter switch, too.  Maybe that's why mine is still the original one.
Helpful to know there's a commonly available replacement anyway, but I've
dismantled two rusty '71s, so I've probably got enough spare switches
anyway!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club