[T3] News and questions from the road

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 19:22:33 PDT 2016

We’re due back in NY on 8/7 so we wouldn’t be in Madison until early August at the latest. I was going to say “no rush” but early August is suddenly only a little over 2 weeks away!!

The car was fine all morning but then, the miss returned in a terrible way towards the end of the day with violent jerking going up a hill. This was towards the end of our day if that matters. The last time this happened (early June), we were able to replicate the problem by wiggling the wires for the MPS. Even though they’ve already been addressed, we tried wiggling them again and there was no effect. We wiggled every wire in the engine bay and couldn’t replicate the miss. We looked at the points again and the tit was gone for some reason. They looked quite strange though….as if someone had smeared large (for points anyway) circles of solder on both sides so we changed them.

Weird to have the same symptom as in the past but not be able to trace it to the same issue. Hopefully, changing the points will solve it. There haven’t been enough hills to test them out yet as our drive back to camp was relatively flat.

Fingers are crossed!!

Will update when I have more info and phone service.