[T3] Eastern Invasion Caravan

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Thu Jun 23 20:09:06 PDT 2016

On Jun 23, 2016, at 9:55 PM, Jim Adney wrote:

> I finally got around to our final fill-up and did our mileage
> calculation for the trip to and from Prescott. Our total was 3856
> miles at an average of 26.3 mi/gal. That's actually extremely good,
> especially considering that we had some poor running and wasted gas
> during our second day on the road. When things were running well, we
> tended to run 65-75 mi/hr as long as we weren't trying to climb hills
> at high altitude, but I saw brief moments over 80.

Sophy got 26.7 average mpg going out and 27.6 on the way back for a total average MPG for the trip of 27.1 mpg.

JIll's Ghia got 28.6 average mpg going out and 29.1 coming back for a total average MPG of 28.8 mpg.

We totaled 4051 miles in each car.  Average fuel cost for the entire trip was $2.17/gal.  Not bad.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com