[T3] Clemmie's Invasion MPG, Joys & Troubles

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 10:31:57 PDT 2016

In a message dated 6/25/2016 1:36:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
phil.hof at ostronic.org writes:

Back a  couple of days to the timing story… once in Prescott I checked the
timing and  had to reset it… thoughtlessly I didn’t check the dwell/point
gap, I just  reset the idle timing.  Later it had slipped again the other
direction,  and I again reset the timing.  I figured my distributor may be worn
and  made a note to check things when I get home.  Spin forward to this
morning at home, and my point gap was about half what it should be.   Doh!  I
reset the points and timing, and will fire her up tomorrow.   That may have
been the source of the pinging and hard-working, driving up  temps.  I’ll be
checking on her regularly for this over the next  months.  Just in case, I’
ll get my spare (unknown condition) distributor  rebuild like new and put
that in when done, just to eliminate timing asa  source of heat.

I'm betting this is more likely your source of running hot than anything.
Also keep in mind that if the distributor body moves, the fuel timing will
also  move as does the ignition timing.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof