[T3] Air Conditioning

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jun 30 06:59:42 PDT 2016

On 30 Jun 2016 at 7:41, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> Does anyone have a source for a Type 3 under dash evaporator/register
> unit?

If you're trying to replace one that's broken, try thesamba.com, but
I really can't recommend installing these on our cars. It's too hard
on the engine, makes future service under the dash impossible, and
requires cutting holes in the body that are better left intact.

The AC was never a factory item and was always aftermarket and dealer
installed. I hate to see cars cut up to install it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org