[T3] Temp sensor and MPS problems on new motor

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 17:00:32 PST 2016

Starters arent expensive, dirt cheap really...  $60 roughly.
Id be tempted to try a new one but these days, the rebuilds are often of
horrible quality with the wrong parts from totally different starters
bolted together.  Is it possible that there is still an electric motor
rebuild shop to be found in the city?
If Jim still rebuilds them Id go that route, or get one he's done.

I wouldnt be too critical about the AFR number spikes, Im not as familiar
with the pressure switches but they may not be too smooth in transitioning
the mixture to full rich, as long as its smooth running you are likely fine.
it wasnt until the late E systems that Bosch got the transitions smoothed
out and I think only the T3's got the E system pressure sensors.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback  "Hothe"