[T3] Avrage speeds

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 17:16:04 PST 2016

On speedo accuracy, I was astonished to find the '71 Variant is pretty much
correct, while my Mk 3 Golf over-reads about 5% and the Mk 5 Golf over-reads
a massive 10%.  Checked over a period with GPS.  All cars have original tyre
sizes, and plenty of tread.

I guess there's no need to worry about exceeding the speed limit unwittingly
in the newer ones, and no-one would believe the old one capable.  ;-)

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club