[T3] Avrage speeds

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Mar 2 07:15:06 PST 2016

On 2016-03-01 18:34, Keith Park wrote:
> Ive done 60 in 3rd but dont generally go beyond 55,
> Ive had it up to 5500 but as noisy as it is at this mileage
> Ill bet she'd blow!
>
> Keith
>

> Topnotch Restorations
> topnotch at nycap.rr.com
> http://www.a383ina68.addr.com/radiorest/main.htm
> 71 Squareback  "Hothe"
> 65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
> 93 RX7  "Redstur"
> 87 Golf  "Winterat"

I'm not proud to admit this but it was 31 years ago and I was just 18 at
the time. Back when I had the carb 1641 in Clementine I cranked her up
to 55 MPH in 2nd. Looking back on that how it stayed together I have no
clue with a stock crankshaft. Believe it or not that engine lasted
nearly another year before finally started loosing oil pressure because
the main bearings beat ruts in the case beyond line boring. Expensive
lesson for me at the time.

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback (clementine)
70 Fastback (school project)