[T3] When I change the auto trans diff oil?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 2 12:24:04 PST 2016

 Thank you Jim :

 Yes I really have no idea If the engine was original yet it is an X version
.
When I got the car I had rich running issues and I removed all the tin and
cleaned everything including the oil cooler and flushed the case out and
replaced all FI seals and fuel lines and vacuum lines and cleaned as much
under the engine and trans I could get off with a air nozzle that sucked up
mineral spirits spraying under presssure.

 I only found the ground strap and 2 trans mount nuts missing and also
checked  everything else tight . Since then I had the engine out in 97 to
rebuild the 72 auto trans case I had and in 2002 I did the auto trans. Since
2002 to date all I found was one torque converter to flex plate bolt
slightly loose.

 Since there is really no way to tell by engine number if it was the
original .

 The Pinion seal suffice to say is something  from what I've read some
dealer service bulletin put out in the late 80's or 90's can't recall . It
relates to the idea that if the pinion seal seated in the diff between the
and auto trans goes trans fluid enters the diff and thins out the diff oil
and shortly kills the ring and pinion . To see this seal the auto trans has
to be removed from the diff..  .

William