[T3] Anyone know , tailgate hinge stop?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 4 14:18:52 PST 2016

 On my 73 I always wondered what those small steel box shaped deals about 1 1/8" square right where that tailgate actual hinge stops against . I would call it a stop .

 I noticed long ago that the hinges on both sides have a bit of a notch worn into them.

 My question is , should there be some sort of hard rubber in the metal stop to prevent this ? Hard rubber that fits into these metal stops that stick up about 1/8" past the stops wall's.

 I don't see anything in photo's or mention of this . I just don't allow the tailgate to fly up and hammer the hinges , there are times where the door gets away from me .

 Beside this I still haven't tried again to remove the auto diff filler plug . Can't say exactly why , I picture the diff case boss around the plug coming away with the plug.

William

---