[T3] Anyone know , tailgate hinge stop?

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sat Mar 5 05:50:37 PST 2016

On 5 Mar 2016 at 10:40, Dave Hall wrote:

> Surprisingly, when I looked at mine, there are two horribly denatured lumps
> of rubber where the hinge hits the mount - I can't find them in the parts
> book, and there are none on my '73 parts car, so it may be an effort from
> the previous (first) owner to address the problem.

When I bought my first Square, a new '68, and came across this
problem, I wanted to do something similar. I even have a hunk of
rubber that I thought would work there, but I think it's too thick to
let the door open far enough. It's clear that VW should have done
something, but they never did. And I never did, either.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org