[T3] Back to my auto trans diff oil change.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 7 17:18:17 PST 2016

I was able to get the filler and drain plugs out and drained the diff. It was med brown in color and abou 6 1/2 ounces over full. I never added any or lost any trans fuild other than a minor leak.

 Using the quart bottle and a 3/8" hose was not real easy to fill it but I had the car level and got the quart in and it was just a slow drip from the filler hole.

 I finally got the trans filter and gasket late today so I'm going to drain the trans and do that tuesday .

 I've read in the bentley a refill requires 6 pint's 5 oz and the haynes 5 pints 4 oz. Everytime I have filled it in the past it's always over filled . Should I just put in the 5 pints when the car is on the ground and then run it until worm or drive it until hot ?
 What do others do?

William

---