[T3] On reading the auto trans dip stick ?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Mar 10 12:08:38 PST 2016

The Bentley states a refill for auto trans service is 6 pints 5 oz . I am confused , is the refill supposed to put the level on the dip stick in the middle of the 2 marks ?

 I filled it yesterday the drove it today so the trans was warm car is level or real close to it . I kept reading the dip stick all sorts of different ways and it seemed to be at the low mark so I added 8 oz or 1/2 pint and it seems to be just at the top mark . It's always thicker looking to the 1st mark on the stick then after added 8 more oz it coveres half the width of the stick from the low mark to the high mark but it does show the high mark with fluid in it and a small tiny streak of fluid past the high mark. Since it does fill the high mark slot is it safe to assume it's now at the high mark?

William.

---