[T3] 1964 1500S Notch.Master Cylinder

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Mar 13 11:21:51 PDT 2016

On 13 Mar 2016 at 9:40, redway777 at aol.com wrote:

> I have had absolutely no luck in finding a rebuild kit or even a
> replacement for my car. Does anyone know if a 1966 one will work? I
> have been able to find an old new stock one of these. I am trying to
> restore this car and am having a devil of a time finding some parts.

Send it to me and I can rebuild it for you. The '66 MC will also
work, but it's slightly different since it's made to work for disk
front brakes. However, I think it will work just fine, but I don't
have any experience with front drum brake Type 3s to back this up.

Rebuilding is your cheapest option, but you might also want to
consider upgrading to a later tandem MC. That's more expensive, but
it's a safety issue, which may or may not be important in this case.

Assuming the bore of your MC cleans up, rebuilding a single circuit
MC costs $35 plus shipping.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org