[T3] 73 auto trans shifting questons. For those with 003autotrans

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Mar 17 17:01:51 PDT 2016

I think he is talking about the amount for a fluid change because right
above the amounts he said change fluid every 2 years. . Looking at a copy of
an owner manual Approx 12.7 us pint for complete refill . I the link placed
here he seems to be filling it to the high mark as he said in the text below
the amounts stating his had a hard time at times finding 3rd gear . The
Bentely does not state how much a complete fluid change is. Based on Bentley
it's 6 pint 5 oz and owners manual 6 pints 3 oz .I'm 14 oz or 16oz over
their suggestions . But then I have absolutely no clue how much I drained
out , who measures this . I know I let it drain with the pan off for over 5
hours and only saw small drips clinging to the valve body bolt heads. What I
do know is the closed drain pan I use has 2 oil changes and one trans change
and a quart of diff oil and it's full . Usually it holds more than that.

 It doesn't matter . I'll just check it and see where mine lands once I
drive it and then go from there. I've seen photo's in the Bentley showing
the drain on the side of the pan , don't know if this was an artists fault
since they are not actual photo's or if early years had the drain on the
side and if they did less fluid would drain out since the pan is deeper at
the rear. I have never looked at any early models to know what's true of
not. All I can do is deal with what I have . I just asked mainly wanting to
know after a refill whatever the amount stated may be where it puts the
fluid on the stick when warm . I now see that's impossible to answer. I
never knew there were so many specs on refills.