[T3] My final question about the auto trans fluid level.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Tue Mar 22 14:15:43 PDT 2016

Yes I drove the car 2 miles and shifted it through drive and rev a few times
plus I kept the engine running for a good 15 minutes while I unloaded items
from the store . Then I put it in drive and rev again and took off the
engine lid and wiped the stick off and inserted it and pulled it right out
this was the fluid the full width of the stick just below the low mark. I
wiped it off again and waited ( I said a minute) it was more like 15 seconds
and it was just at the high mark fluid across the full width of the stick.

 I'm well aware the engine has to be running.and the fluid warm and realize
the fluid must circulate and fill every passage so I shift it from drive to
reverse.a few times .

 I can do it either way and end up with consistent readings either a bit
below the low mark pulling the stick right away or at the high mark after a
short pause.

 I know I've got the handle ring vertical and it is pushed in fully each
time. It still has the red plastic tag on the stick stating what fluid to
use, it sticks out to the right and I need to lift the tag a bit to clear
the IAD  yet it bends to allow the stick to fully seat in the tube.