[T3] ] Bad day at the (FI) office

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:30:05 PDT 2016

Keith,

This is what I was wondering about….the relevance of the head temp sensor across the driving experience. I was reading around on the Rennlist forums about 914 D-jet and wasn’t sure if the info about that sensor was correct for Type 3 as well.

Here’s the thing I don’t quite get: on any given day, the TS could be reading 100, 80, or 60 ohms. In my experience that has a big effect on drivability. How does one determine the baseline CHTS resistance reading to adjust the MPS to?

 In my experience over 4 motors I have to adjust it every few months because it seems that the system doesn’t   keep up with the season. I can’t imagine, though, that this was a system that needed to be adjusted 3 or 4 times  year. Hell, even a choke on a carb only needs adjusting once or twice a year!!

Daniel