[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 09:53:57 PDT 2016

In a message dated 3/25/2016 12:31:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
d.nohejl at gmail.com writes:

Anyway, yes, all of the readings I’m getting are with the MPS  turned CCW
(rich) from the pre-set position. Thus, if I keep the resistor  inline, I’d
have to lean out a bit by turning CW and back toward the original  position.
If I remove the resistor, then I’d have to go further CCW to avoid  running
way too lean.

Dan, at this point I think that's what you should do. I only say that, as
you currently have at least 2 more ECU's that are giving you the
same/similar  readings. And yes, I do think the CHTS is diving a little too low and
should be  ballasted. I think if you look in the K-manual, you'll see that they
even  mention going up to a 200 ohm resistor. I remember when I got my old
70 Square  (back in 98) that had part of the FI removed (along with the AC
compressor),  that it had a 200 ohm resistor in the CHT wiring. I didn't
think much about it  at the time, as I was installing a set of carbs on it so I
could find out the  condition of the engine (had a #4 rod knock I later
found). I ended up  giving the entire FI harness along with the remaining FI
bits to my dad, as he  was looking for that stuff.
It might help you get a little better mpg while on your trip out of town
this weekend.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof