[T3] This auto trans fluid level.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 25 13:36:30 PDT 2016

I added 6 more oz and drove it today about 2 miles . I have a mark when it's cold and pull out the stick without wiping it so I get a consistent reading and it's still where is was before adding the 6 oz . I do this so I know the fluid is not filling the diff and see no leaks .

 Last week when I checked it after I had 7 pint's 5 oz in it after a two mile drive it read near the high mark , today it read just below the low mark. Now I have 5 os short of a gallon in it. I checked it the same way before drove and shut down twice  and let it run .

 How much does this fluid expand say after a 10 mile drive I should be at least between the low and high mark when it's hot is that correct? It's possible I was turnign the stick pulling it out last time and got a false reading . Now  I see a 1/4" on the unmarked side and just a bit under the low mark on the marked side.

William.

---