[T3] question one 003 auto trans diff section

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 30 18:39:11 PDT 2016

 I think the 72 spare I have from using math and what I can find the AK
prefix is a T-4 like the ring and pinion you have works out to a 3.73 ratio
so it's geared a bit lower than the 3.67  that should be stock T-3 . I can't
seem to locate any info on the EJ version I have always had in my car so I
don't know if the one in my car is the 3.67 stock ratio. It seems right or
at least close based on speed and a tach . Course the speedo due to age is
probably off a bit. It seems close based on the electronic speed readers
they have proped up along some road sides here. It's closer at 40 MPH than
35 .

 There really isn't a way to check the diff ratio in my car since you can't
see the pinion rotate like a drive shaft and 3 rd gear is 1.1 yet I don't
think I would care to try to put it on jack stands get it in 3rd and try to
count wheel turns .