[T3] 2016 Invasion, Eastern Caravan

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Wed Mar 9 14:01:50 PST 2016

This is mostly aimed at those of you in the NE part of the US who are
planning to attend the next Type 3 Invasion this June in Arizona. For
those of you in different regions, check out the web site:

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2016Invasion/Invaders2016.html

and start making your own caravan plans.

I've been doing a lot of brake work for Richie Sottosanti who lives
out on Long Island, NY and has several late Type 3s. He's never been
to an Invasion, but he's planning on coming to this one. Right now,
he's been thinking about flying out to AZ, where he has another '73,
so he could do a short drive to the Invasion, but I've been trying to
talk him into a longer drive.

One critical factor for him will be how far he will have to drive
before he picks up a significant caravan, because there's safety in
numbers when it comes to driving this far in an old car. Looking at
the people who have signed up so far from that region, I see Dave &
Gail, and Keith, both in NY state, who have both already stated that
they'll be flying this time. I also see Sarah from Brooklyn and Lucas
& Gaby from the Boston area. Are you both planning to drive? Is there
anyone else from that region who hasn't signed up yet?

Once the eastern caravan gets past Detroit, and picks up John & Jill
and Bob & Sue, I figure it's well past a good "critical mass", but it
would be nice to find some more coming from the far NE. Melissa and I
will join in central IL, and it looks like we'll pick up some Chicago
area folks, too.

How are people's plans coming? Any chance Dave & Gail or Keith will
have a change of heart and decide to drive? We'd love to have you
join us in the caravan.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org