[T3] Invasion Prep!

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Thu May 5 09:46:51 PDT 2016

Well, the '69 Square is safely home. The fuel pump wouldn't run, but
I finally got it out of the car last night and it's fine, just gunked
up. I'll have it back together in a few days, rebuilt with all new
O-rings and a freed up relief valve.

I've run it thru a FI test, and I can tell that 2 of the injectors
are sticking. Those will probably have to come out and get cleaned
and/or replaced.

The really good news is that the brakes seem to be just fine. Other
than rust on the rotors and drums, they work just fine, thanks to
DoT-5 silicone brake fluid.

The tires and hoses look okay, but I may change some hoses once the
engine runs.

It had about 1/4" of dust on it from just sitting in my storage area,
but once washed, the body looks about the same as when I parked it,
nearly 14 years ago, so it's passable, but nothing to write home
about. There was significant water in the car after I washed it, so I
checked the water drain hoses and found the right one to be cracked.
So that's been replaced. Both hoses were clear, just as they were
after Dave and I prepped it 14 years ago.

Dave's body work on the rockers seems to have held up, and the rocker
trim is in place.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org