[T3] Invasion Prep!

KENNETH ROGERS kensue356 at cableone.net
Thu May 12 20:54:41 PDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Adney" <jadney at VWType3.org>
To: "Dave Hall" <dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk>, type3 at vwtype3.org
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:33:05 PM
Subject: Re: [T3] Invasion Prep!

On 13 May 2016 at 2:10, Dave Hall wrote:

> Please give all the tyres a good inspection - the ones we ran to the 2002
> invasion were decent back then, though I seem to recall we had to swap a
> couple that were rotted to get a good set.  Even Michelin XZX have a finite
> life (Ive a pair on the front of my Variant from quite a few years ago).
> I'll try to remember to look at the date codes tomorrow.

Dave has a good memory. These came from a later car since they have
silver painted outer faces. These are all French XZXs. The date codes
are various, but hard to decipher since they only have 1-digit years
(3-digit date codes) so you can't tell the decade. When did they
switch to 4-digit date codes?

Yes, my old ZXs and Xs are all gone....

--Jim,

I will have good used tires here at the auction if you need them.  Just make it here.

Ken Rogers
Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org