[T3] on a 73 T-3 built on 02/ 73 how can I tell if the PCV valve works well enough to vent proper?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat May 14 15:49:41 PDT 2016

I checked it not long ago and at idle I can see the plastic disc is very close to closed and if I bring up the idle just a bit it opens some , bring up the RPM more and it opens more.

 I ask because it seems to leak oil and mostly on the left side . I don't see oil at the cooler seals and I did clean the cooler well before the rebuild in 97 and didn't see any cooler leaks . I also made certain the two relief valves were not stuck and never over filled the oil . I see oil on both sides mostly on the lower shields between the case and heat exchangers and a bit on a few push rod seals . On the left I see it on the large cooling shields that fit around the cylinders to the block . It's not pouring out just drips here and there . I cannot find a PCV valve on earth and do not know of one that would even work if that is even the problem. I imagine just the fan alone blows any oil everywhere plus the torque convertor blades.

---