[T3] Mystery Miss

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Mon May 16 05:59:47 PDT 2016

> Okay, so one of the adaptors was at fault.

Perhaps it still is!

> Glad to hear that you seem to have found the light at the end of the
> tunnel.  ;-)

As usual, there’s still some length left in the tunnel and the light has receded a bit as I almost got whiplash on the way to work this morning. Starting about 10 minutes into my ride, I hit a bump and there was one small buck. This happened about 4 more times and thereafter, every time I hit a significant bump while either accelerating or cruising the car started bucking like hell. If I coasted over a bump, nothing would happen, so I have to be on the throttle for the bucking to start. It would also happen when starting off from a full stop.

So either our adaptors are still bad, something is bad in wires 16 and 24 between the engine bay and the relay or between the ECU plug and the wire ends on the FI harness, or something completely other is loose. While it’s pretty clear that jiggling those wires causes missing and engine cut out, I wonder if there’s something else happening...

Other than interruptions in power or ground to the brain, injectors, fuel pump, or perhaps even TVS, what would cause bucking?

I guess I’ll have to go around the engine bay again and make sure all the connectors are tight.

On the bright side, at least the motor isn’t cutting out :(