[T3] 70 Fastback Up For Bid

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon May 16 08:59:02 PDT 2016

After many delays we have the blue 70 Fastback ready to bid on. It has
been a good project for the class but we have to move on and sale it to
the highest bidder via sealed bid. Other than the tires the car is road
worthy as I have driven it some. We had to put the 72 column in it out
of necessity as we didn't have time to find the correct switches for the
70 column. As you can see in the video we did not cut or modify the wire
harness in the car I made a pig tail that goes between the 72 column and
the 70 wiring harness. The original column and steering wheel will go
with the car if some one can come up with the right switches they can
simply remove this column and pig tail and put the 70 one back in. Here
is A video I made on it last week on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIF75ITZC6A

Here is the official letter from my school on this.

ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
May 17, 2016

DeKalb County Technology Center will be accepting sealed bids on the
following:

1970 Volkswagen Fastback VIN 3102020511

The vehicle can be viewed at the DeKalb Technology Center, Rainsville,
AL.  Sealed Bids need to be mailed or delivered to the DeKalb County
Technology Center P.O. Box 529 Rainsville, AL 35986 or 409 Main East
Suite A Street Rainsville, AL.  Bids should include name and phone
number in a sealed envelope.  Bids will be opened on Tuesday, May 31,
2016 at 10:00 a.m. all bids must be received on or before this time.

NOTE:  Bids will begin at $1500.00.  The winner will need to take
delivery on or before Tuesday, June 14, 2016.

Vehicle will be sold (as is) no warranty

None of the money from this will be going to me. Proceeds will go to the
school. If you are interested in the car I'll be more than happy to
answer any Questions. Remember $1500.00 minimum bid on it.

Dennis Stiefel Automotive Repair and Service Instructor
Dekalb County Technology Center
Rainsville, Alabama
(256) 638-4421 EX 109