[T3] Rear deck engine seal

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun May 29 16:55:29 PDT 2016

On 29 May 2016 at 18:42, 73 squareback Cincy wrote:

> I am in need of a rear decklid engine compartment seal? Would anyone
> have one reasonably priced? As in cheap since it has to be shipped most
> likely. My Carbon Monoxide levels inside the car is alittle more than i
> prefer inhaling from the back draft. Its for a 1973 Squareback.

The most common cause of exhaust in the interior is leaky muffler
connections to the bottom heat exchangers. Exhaust that blows forward
from those seals gets into the airbox side of the heat exchanger, and
a little of that gets into the passenger compartment even if the heat
is "off." It doesn't take much to make a lot of stink.

If that's not it, are you looking for a rear door seal or the seal
around the engine cover?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org