[T3] light switch detail?

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 13:08:59 PDT 2016

The three around the 30 are indeed all connected.
The two parallel connectors to the left are 57 and closed in the low beam switch position.
The one at the lower left is 56 and closed in the high beam switch position.
At the bottom of course is 58 which is closed in both the low and high beam positions making it the parking light terminal.
Thanks Jim.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Jim Adney<jadney at VWType3.org> wrote:   On 1 Oct 2016 at 22:40, Max Welton wrote:

> Working on the light switch wiring for my 67 Fastback.

> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1560486.jpg
>
> My question is this. The diagram shows five terminals. What is the
> terminal in the lower left? Also, are there three 30s?

My diagram shows terminals 30, 56, 57, 58, and 58b. In your photo I
see 30, 56, 58, and 58b, so 57 must be unlabeled. 57 must be either
the unlabeled one at the lower left or one of the three around the 30
stamping. Use your Ohmmeter to figure out if the 3 around the 30
label are all connected inside. The diagram shows 3 red wires coming
to terminal 30 from distinctly different places, so my money is on
those 3 terminals all being 30.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

If you need more help, contact: gregm at vwtype3.org