[T3] Backup Lights

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 14:25:47 PDT 2016

Returning at night, I had to back into our "driveway" in front of our
motorhome.  The space for two cars is a tight fit -- both in length and
width.
Without the two backup lights to illuminate the space, Beverly had to guide
me in using only the red tail lights and the 3 rear view mirrors.  Awkward.

It seems that the 12-volt wire(?) is connected & tight to each fixture.
I've started the engine; put the transmission in reverse, several times.
No lights.

   1. Is the next "check point" the Back Up Switch itself?
   2. Is the switch activated electrically? or mechanically? ... when the
   MT Shift Lever is put in reverse?
   3. Where is the Back Up Switch physically located?
   4. Easy to remove and install?
   5. Is a Back Up switch typically a part which fails?

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)